The time has come to add something new to this blog, which has been neglected for months because of work. Good news, To Vietnam With Love is finally out in the world. Bad news, Communion is still in the editing stage. Good news, Ingram Publishing Services is now distributing all ThingsAsian Press titles to bookstores around the country. Bad news, it’s a lot of work having a distributor! (For some reason, Blogger won't let me add links today, so head to Amazon for the book and www.thingsasianpress.com to check out our other new titles.)
Last weekend was my spectacular friend Vickie’s spectacular 35th birthday, and I made a few contributions to the party: an incredibly yummy Peach White Wine Sangria and this delicious (super easy) clam dip. With most of the ingredients out of cans, plus a handful of cilantro for the fresh factor, it’s exactly what is called for when you need a last minute party dish. Just add tortilla chips, and you’re set.
Mexican Clam Dip
from Bon Appetit
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (about 6 ounces) purchased green chili salsa (salsa verde), medium
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chilies, mild
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 6.5-ounce cans chopped clams, drained well
- Tortilla chips
1) Beat cream cheese in large bowl until smooth.
2) Mix in salsa, chilies and cilantro.
3) Add clams and blend well.
4) Season dip to taste with salt and pepper.
5) Transfer to ovenproof dish. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.)
6) Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake dip uncovered until heated through and bubbling around edges, about 35 minutes.
7) Place bowl of dip on platter. Surround with chips and serve.